The Pros & Cons of Sandstone Floor Tiles
There are many different flooring options on the market these days, and it can be tough to decide which one is right for your home. One option that is growing in popularity is sandstone floor tiles, becoming the choice for many homeowners. They offer a natural look that can enhance the appearance of any room. However, like with all things, there are pros and cons to consider before deciding if sandstone floor tiles are the right choice for your area.
The Pros Of Sandstone Floor Tiles
Sandstone is a beautiful natural floor covering that people use to add the perfect decorative touch to any room. It often has golds, reds, browns, and multicolored stones with tans or dark tones, which mimic beach sand perfectly! Some advantages include:
- The beautiful natural look gives an earthy vibe
- Durable enough to last for decades
- The uniqueness in the fact that no two tiles look alike
- It can be removed and replaced with ease
At once, its unique aesthetic makes it an excellent choice for homes where authenticity matters most. Now that you know the pros of sandstone, there are some drawbacks, so make sure you know what they entail before making your decision. Island Tile offers a Natural Stone Collection that will be sure to fit the look you are searching for.
The Cons Of Sandstone Floor Tiles
While sandstone floor tiles offer many great benefits, there are a few things you should be aware of as well. Sandstone is a natural stone, making it soft and porous. It is a bit more tricky to use, unlike other flooring materials. Consider the following when deciding on sandstone floor tiles:
- Water absorption as this sandstone is vulnerable to damage from liquid stains, mold, and bacteria.
- Sandstone is a soft rock, which means it is prone to dents and scratches over time.
- Polished sandstone can make the floor slippery, which can be hazardous.
- Even if you take great care of sandstone tiles, they will not look the same way down the road.
The stone will age and change color over time, so sandstone floor tiles may not be the best choice for high-traffic areas or homes with pets. If you decide to go with sandstone, make sure to seal the tiles before grouting to protect them from water damage. Call Island Tile at (321) 676-1563 to speak to someone and learn more about sandstone floor tiles.
How To Care For Sandstone Floor Tiles
Even though the appearance may change, sandstone floor tiles can last for many years if they are appropriately cared for. Some tips on how to keep your tile as well maintained as possible include:
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove any dirt or debris.
- Mop with a mild detergent and warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners on sandstone as this can damage the tile’s surface.
- Deep clean sandstone floor tiles every few months using a pH-neutral stone cleaner.
Island Tile professionals will help you with all of your floor tile needs. With an extensive Natural Stone Collection, you will indeed find which one will be best for your needs. Visit our showroom in Melbourne, Florida, today. If you cannot make it, make sure to check out our virtual showroom!
Decide If Sandstone Floor Tiles Is Your Best Option
There are a lot more things to consider for sandstone floor tiles than you thought, right? Do not worry; the experts at Island Tile will help you make the best decision for your home or preferred area. Learn about different types of tiles and the advantages and disadvantages before making your decision. Let us prepare for your next project together! Give us a call today at (321) 676-1563 or email us at David@islandtile.com.